What does microbiology mean?
Simply put, microbiology is the study of micro-organisms that cause disease. Infections are nothing but medical disorders that are caused by infected micro-organisms. Microbiological testing, which often implies testing for harmful organisms or pathogens that cause infections, makes for a widely applied and highly useful branch of medical diagnostics.
What does a microbiology test tell your doctor?
Microbiology testing will tell your doctor the exact pathogen that has caused the infection and also let the doctor know the most suitable drugs that can be administered to counter the infection.
The microbiology lab at Shree Krishna Diagnostics
We boast of a well-equipped microbiology lab with the latest cutting-edge technology. We have ensured that we apply automation in microbiology testing methods to ensure that human error gets minimized and the process of test reporting is expedited.
Salient features of the microbiology lab
- Lab accredited by NABL
- State-of-the-Art technology with US FDA-approved instruments like BacT/ALERT, Vitek 2 Compact, MGIT Bactec, GeneXpert
- Dedicated set-up with separate areas for processing bacteria, TB & fungus samples
- TB Lab is RNTCP accredited for 1st line drug testing
- Updated CLSI guideline used to interpret sensitivity of reports
- Reports are communicated by microbiologists to clinicians by telephonically
The Key Offerings in Microbiology, at Shree Krishna Diagnostics
At Shree Krishna Diagnostics, microbiology has been a special area of focus for several years. We offer a comprehensive range of tests that help in the final diagnosis of infectious disorders.
Some of the key offerings of the microbiology lab at Diagnostics are:
- Blood-based bacterial infections
- Infectious fevers of unknown origin
- Typhoid fever
- Urinary infections
- Fungal infections
- Hospital infection control program
For any further information, please email at
To know more about pricing, please Click Here