What is a Colour Doppler Ultrasound Test?
A Doppler Ultrasound, also called a Colour Doppler Test is a non-invasive test that can be used to estimate the blood flow through blood vessels. It helps doctors evaluate blood flow through major arteries and veins such as those of the arms, legs and neck. It can show blocked or reduced flow of blood through narrowed areas in the major arteries of the neck that could cause a stroke. It also can reveal blood clots in leg veins (deep vein thrombosis or DVT) that could break loose and block blood flow to the lungs (pulmonary embolism). During pregnancy, Doppler Ultrasound may be used to look at blood flow in an unborn baby in order to check the health of the foetus.
List of Common Colour Doppler Test procedures:
- GRAVID UTERUS
- SINGLE LIMB DOPPLER (ARTERIAL AND VENOUS)
- DUAL LIMB DOPPLER (ARTERIAL AND VENOUS)
How to prepare for a Colour Doppler Test
- Generally, no prior preparation is required
- Carry all previous reports if you have undergone the procedure earlier
- Carry your doctor's prescription at the time of the test
For any further information, please email at
To know more about pricing, please Click Here